Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I had my first chance to try one of these new McDonald's Kiosks and can say without equivocation that the system is a disaster and a reason to avoid eating at McDonald's again.

I so wanted to try one of these kiosks.

With the typical McDonald's cashier being rude, uncaring, and uneducated in the concept of customer service, I so want them all fired and replaced with Pineapples.

But Pineapples don't have the ability to translate my order into an actual one.

So when a local McDonald's was leveled and the new smaller sized item constructed to replace it, I wanted to try the new place.

I did not expect Kiosks, but noticed them almost immediately.

As typical with McDonald's these days, the place was dirty (this is a new store!) and there was an extensive band of moisture on the floor (and the wet floor sign pointed away from conspicuous warning - which meant no one from the main door would see it).

After having avoided Lake McShitty, I was almost greeted by a McDonald's employee who still managed to have no customer contact skills and directed me through the water to the Kiosk immediately behind it (instead of a more land locked kiosk where I didn't have to hire a boat to use the kiosk).

I was never asked if I had used this shit before nor was I instructed on how to use it.

I was left alone to stand at a huge screen that had no apparent organization other than to put pictures across it to fill the screen.

All I wanted to order was a chicken combo of some sort - in 15 seconds even with LaQuesha behind the register, I could have ordered the product.

Was there a combo icon anywhere?

I don't know.   LaQuesha turned away and allowed me tap the screen like a stupid monkey hoping to find somewhere a mention of a combo.

None discovered.

I cleared my mock order and started again.

LaQuesha completed her orbit of the Kiosks in about a minute and managed to ask me, "can I help you?"

(I was steaming but didn't communicate my contempt to the human who was worth $5 per hour but getting paid $10 an hour to do nothing).

I said, "I want to order a combo" and then she turned to me and said the combos are on the menu board over there (pointing to the distant LCD panels above the old registers where LaQuesha would hang out in between phone calls and attempts to remind me she is a diva).

At that point I turned to her and made a verbal gesture with both hands to push away from the Kiosk and said, "Thank you for changing my mind and choosing Wendy's" - and off I went to taste the new texture Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich (which was near wafer thin, had a weird texture, and barely covered the bun despite it being a non-value menu item).    I can say that Wendy's has once again ruined its products and that was no chicken sandwich - that was breading with chicken fibers keeping the two breaded surfaces from touching each other - there was once a real ckicken sandwich at Wendy's in the early 1980's and that thing called a chicken sandwich today was no John F. Kennedy - er, Chicken Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment