Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Monday, October 27, 2014

Thunderview News - thunderview.blogspot.com
 
I am not quite sure where this column grew its roots tonight.    I do lament that things are quite different now than when I was just a budding fag in 1980 when I assumed the age of majority of 18.  Some changes are splendid - being gay is nothing like it was for me back then, and certainly to those who were of my current age back at that time, even the dark days of  the 1980's were heavenly compared to the Stonewall riots or the ages where gays were executed across the globe, not just in muslim countries today.

I was doing what I normally do on a day off from work - working on my blog - setting up content for the next week - and hunting various blogs and websites for vintage images.    Sometimes I do wax nostalgic about what was once, but like those who die around us, they are frozen in time with the most perfect of memories - and history can take on a form of revisionism where we cling to what was remarkable and bury with the corpse of the past that which we never want to see again.

For a queer reason, I took time to compare how utterly easy it is to get images of the nude human body during this digital age - and how we had to work at it during the twenty or thirty years ago (or more) when we first craved the image of wood and its twins.

My historical perspective - having lived it as a person of 18 - starts in 1980 - when I could first legally purchase the material.    I could go back a half a decade or more when I noticed "Playgirl" behind the counter and knowing then that my desire for peen was a most interesting and intriguing desire and how I regretted that I could not see what was behind the counter on those days when my mom would take my sister and I into town to a local five and dime store there.

I remember that during that same period of my life as I was experiencing nocturnal emissions and a rash of spontaneous erections during the school day, that my buddies during that time had at their disposal "Playboys" and we had them in our clubhouse.    It was a truly queer experience for me - seeing those airbrushed chest pimples that dominated the topside of a female form while a muff of fur was covering up a truly nasty looking collection of folds of skin that were oddly cut and unappetitizing to me - even at that age when being gay was not in the equation of what I might be, but my interest in my buddies certainly was greater than what they were interested in.

Alas I moved with my family because of my father's duties in the Navy and my cravings for porn were neither significant nor easily satiated - though Dad did subscribe to "Playboy" for a few odd  years and I managed to sneak a look longing to see a peen - and when I did, that issue received a good workout from my parents' room to my room and back as needed.

So in my life - that budding age of transforming from boy to adolescence and beyond was mainly concerned with print porn - the visual compilation of whatever intrigued the editor of the magazine and the really big pictures, the centerfolds, had the requisite staple applied somewhere above the snatch and below the belly button.

Having graduated from high school days before turning 18, I still wasn't venturing forth to find porn - but this would soon change as I went to college and toured the university bookstore and landed in the vast collection of magazines.   And wouldn't you know, there on the top row were the nudiemagazines!    And there were the usual assortment of chest pimples and vajayjays lurking under the plastic covered magazines.   

But there was also "Playgirl".

I was so fraught with delight and giddiness and then the simultaneous shame of desiring a rag made for chicks - and I was still in process of wondering why I craved peen so and not furry covered mounds of folds of skin.

It would take several trips to the bookstore before I found the courage to buy an issue of "Playgirl" and made sure I purchased some other magazines in which I could cover the treasure of my desire and at least protect me until I had to go to the dreaded checkout and those bitter old ladies who worked there.

I often moved quickly to an open register and placed the magazines down and let the old biddy process them and when the "Playgirl" appeared I said I was buying it for my girlfriend.    It worked - I got my magazine of peen and I was off to admire what was within and to begin my now 34 year quest of collecting as many peens as I possibly can.    And in case  you do care, I have nearly every issue of Playgirl printed from the start until the magazine stopped monthly prints - but that is another story entirely.

It wasn't long afterwards that my family had a VCR - I commuted from home to college - so I could take advantage of the new equipment - I looked around for video stores that carried porn, and bought a VHS tape and enjoyed it when the folks were sleeping.   

Within the  year of moving out after graduating from college, I had my own VCR and rented movies and still collected "Playgirls" and other gay magazines that I found - visiting gay bookstores to do my shopping.

As the years went buy, DVD players were all the rage and I dabbled in that as well renting movies - but having to go to stores to get rentals or to purchase movies was soon supplanted by...

The internet!

And what a revelation that was - nude still images by the (voice of Carl Sagan) "billions and billions" and even rudimentary 10 second video clips of a rather nasty compression schema.    And soon computers improved, the internet speeds increased, bandwidth costs were lowered, and suddenly stores were not necesary - you could subscribe to sites for all the porn you can beat off to and then video became better and now available in HD where you could see the stubble on a porn actor's crotch after having committed pubicide!

No longer were images marred by staples through the navels - now you had wide screen entertainment with peens as large as a subway sub!     This was so delicious, but technology had its way of going stupid and suddenly people were watching porn on their smartphones with peens now barely half an inch long and cumshots nearly hard to watch without aid of glasses.

What a joy it is now for young guys to get their fix on porn by just navigating a few screens - I've driven hours to get the porn I wanted  - in print or in VHS.    Porn has really changed the way things are presented.    It sure beats moving 15 years of magazines if you relocate from one place to another!

No comments:

Post a Comment