Sometimes I sense there is a disconnect between me as a 50 plus year old gay man and those readers who are just over the age of majority or slightly older. I don't pretend that what happens today is a first or novel - and one of the advantages of greying hair is that I desire to read what others have done before I exited the womb. This craving for what happened in the past cements my notion that much of what gets reported today in the news is pure bullshit. There is precious little that is new in our lives that hasn't already been done by those who walked this planet before we exited our father's peen as sperm. And so we have the exploited notion of homosexuality in this modern era - that gays can bastardize a religious institution like marriage and only redefine it to the narrowest terms to suit their own selfish agenda while not opening marriage to all consenting adult coupling in an honest and truly tolerant action. Having gay athletes on teams is not new. While this generation might think they are brave coming out of the closet here in the 21st century, there is truly nothing brave being done here at all. Those who battled homosexual oppression - true oppression - in history up through the Stonewall Riots in the late 1960's, were the brave ones. Today's gays are merely stomping on the corpses of those who braved true tyranny against gays and are stealing credit that they haven't earned. Being gay today is not like being gay even into the late 1970's and early 1980's. What is different is that there are a bunch of media leftists who are perfectly willing to exploit society to over inflate the importance of gays coming out in 2015. You are not brave coming out today - you are merely attention getting whores!
My historical curiosity has me looking into gay athletes in history and to recognize them here on this blogazine. I want to find those athletes who were athletes first and played their hearts out and then were gay people second. Some have come out after their careers have been over - some have come out during their careers - but each have a story to tell, and I want to recognize them here. What you won't find are Michael Sam's of the world - or that NBA fraud who leveraged his homosexuality to milk a final year he would not have gotten - bastards like that don't deserve praise and they won't make it here.
In doing research tonight to update my masthead, I was actually looking into another Washington Redskin player who I had known was gay - David Kopay. And I will showcase him next. But what I found out - something new to me as a lifelong Redskin fan, was that the Redskins had a handful of gay players on their roster and their stories have not been told to the level of Michael Sam's. And so it was in this research that I came across the Washington Redskins tight end, Jerry Smith. I had known of him growing up and knew he was something special, but I didn't know the backstory about him.
And the next video is rather touching - talking about Jerry's private life and his fight with AIDS.
It is interesting that the one professional football team that the leftist pigs want to attack because they falsely claim that the team name is racist could now possibly be one of the most gay accepting teams in NFL history. I think leftists should keep their traps shut when they don't know what the hell they are talking about - and that would mean they would be silent 99.9% of the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment