I Hold That These Truths are Self Evident
We are born with certain rights by virtue of our creator - whoever or whatever your concept of that creator might be - that we have the right to essential truths - life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
In this era when we are losing our liberty with each passing day under the guise of political correctness, offering us security in trade for liberty, and by defining protected classes who are more precious than others, I have a more profound appreciation for liberty than ever.
I am but a gay man - I mess with no one in my life with regards to malice - I don't threaten or seek to go after another or to do another harm - my online persona is brash because it is reflexive of my contempt of those who would seek to silence my words because they know better than I how I should act. There continue to be those who still think I can't be a homosexual here - loving of cock and masculinity as I do - because I don't cling to the mantra of the neo-communist progressive left that seeks to make everything all good by protecting some, punishing others, and defining how we can act.
You see, some people are just more special than others and if their noses are out of joint, well, it is only fair that we punish someone else other than telling the noses out of joint to just focking grow a set!
At no point in our Founding documents has there ever been a right construed that you are born with an expectation to be free from being offended. This concept is never in the Magna Carta or the Rights of Man - John Locke and Jean-Jacques Rousseau from the Enlightenment in Europe never considered that a right to be free of being offended was ever a right bestowed upon you by virtue of birth.
I do believe as is most likely the belief of the Founders that we have essential rights upon our first consumption of oxygen - life - a most precious gift that cannot be taken from us without going through hoops and to protect us through due process - and it is here I am at odds with the ignorant left on abortion - how can you take the life of another human without even affording that "tissue mass" the highest level of due process rights - and since that human tissue mass that moves on its own has yet to commit a crime, how can it be that it should be executed simply based on the inconvenience of the mother carrying it? Since the fetus had no say in its creation, it is wholly not responsible for the ramifications thereafter.
Those who would claim a woman has a choice to be able to terminate that life, I must interject that our Founders did caveat that rights do have boundaries where one acting upon a right is necessarily limited in the right when it infringes on the rights of another. So it goes that a woman cannot be allowed to kill a life by contriving a right to control her body - because by acting upon the contrived right, she violates the fundamental right of the fetus to exist. At that point, the right of life of the fetus, a human and never a potato, trumps all - it is the highest right bestowed by its creator - and thus a woman does have limits on killing the fetus - not because someone doesn't feel her pain, but because there are a hierarchy of rights - and the right to life trumps a contrived right of body control. Yet, even I of cold heart will carve out an exemption, based upon the life of the mother, for a termination of a pregnancy should it come to the knocked up having her life threatened. I am not so eager to terminate life of a fetus for rape or incest because I don't think how a life was conceived mitigates it right to life. I would not obligate the Mother to keep the child and to raise it out of rape or incest, but her sense of violation is not a mitigating factor in the right of that life to be born; perhaps if pregnancy were a life sentence I'd have a different perspective. You'd be hard pressed after we remove ourselves from the sob stories of mothers who got that way out of rape or incest to pick their children out of a lineup 20 years removed. Who among us are born out of such misfortune - who have escaped the death sentence because the mother couldn't deal with nine months of inconvenience? And certainly the emotional torment she endures does not trump arbitrarily killing her offspring that had no choice in the matter they were inserted into the womb?
In a similar sense of outrage, our right of liberty is constantly being trampled on. Every era has its causes of the month or year where society "evolves" and suddenly something just becomes a bit more reprehensible than it was 10 years ago - but we cannot violate the liberty of each of us as individuals just because someone else is offended; you see, in the battle of freedom and those who are offended, we must always defer to the freedom of others - whether it be speech or religion - against those who are offended. This is necessary and proper for nowhere in any rights of man are you born with the right to be free from being offended. We are born with legs and eyes and mobility and the ability to turn our necks and eyes - to put hands over our ears. Aside from a condition of yelling fire in a crowded theater in which freedom of speech operationally infringes on the right of the assembled's life prospects, we cannot pander to those who are the most offended - or those who are offended who raise their voice to the loudest volume - or who proclaim themselves to be sisters of the perpetual victimhood.
In our current era, we have contrived a right that some who are protected have a right to be free from being offended because they can shape their offended status in clothes of a perpetual victim -that symbols that others like to display are presumed harmful just because someone feels offended by seeing it.
Our nation has a history - for good or for bad - and within in the confines of our societal evolution we have symbols that do hurt - symbols that do celebrate - and symbols that some hold dear and others don't appreciate. Having been born a Yankee - having relatives who actually did shed blood in this country's Revolutionary and Civil wars, I am most respectful of history. Yet, I don't hate English because they once kept my people down - killed them - enslaved them - made my people house their soldiers or stole our crops or livestock. And I certainly don't hold contempt for the Union Jack even though that is a direct symbol of my oppressor. Yet there are those who are perpetual victims of the Confederate flag - not because they were ever slaves or oppressed directly by the Confederacy - but because they have been conditioned to hate in perpetuity - to be a victim in perpetuity - by virtue of their skin color; and this victimization only extends to what offends them; they cherry pick their history because not all white people of the South were slave owners; and certainly no one with pink skin now has ever had slaves.
We are seeing a literal book burning in this nation as we now seek to purge the Confederate flag - a flag I should loathe with all my core but do not - simply because a segment of our community has a nose of joint and is offended when they run across the flag.
Get over it!
Your skin color does not give you instant rights to things that have never existed as rights. I can appreciate that a flag of a losing political and societal cause should not fly over a State Capitol - that seems queer to me - but if an individual seeks to fly that flag or to appreciate something about it, you as a person of the offended class of the month don't get to tell that person to remove it - you have the NO right to force its removal anywhere else.
I'll tell you - I am highly offended over racial supremacy symbols of every kind - the KKK, founded by Democrats, with all the trappings of sheets and cross burning is highly offensive to me - how they can call themselves Christians is highly offensive. But I'm not going to go out and demand that they be disbanded because they offend me; now if they were to directly violate my right to life - my right to liberty - or my right to my pursuit of happiness - directly any of those - then that PERSON should be subject to our laws. But until I have been truly harmed, not just perceived harm, then the miscreants should be free to show they are bad dressers, idiots, and miscreants. I am equally offended by other groups who are created upon virtue of their race and to benefit only a certain race. Raised fists in the air, black, red, and green colored flags offend me because of my perception of the symbolism contained with in that flag. Baggy pants worn by young men are offensive to me because of the implied racism that they have. Rap Music offends me because of its connotations and explicit racism contained. Yet I have the ability to turn my head, the ability to raise my windows - I have the mobility to put distance between myself and something offensive to me. And that is where we must go with our sense of offense - put distance between what you loathe and exercise some common sense. If you see a rebel flag, turn your focking head - turn the opposite direction - act like you have some common sense. I'm sure there are people of faith who find the pride flag offensive - yet I have the right of expression to fly my flag - and they just have to get over themselves and turn away and to avert their eyes.
It is odd that the left who loathes the rebel flag and wants it removed are the same ones who want to protect the Gay Pride flag to be displayed - yet those who are offended by the gay flag are no less correct in their feelings of being offended than those who still give power to the rebel flag by their own sense of perpetual victimhood. Both parties have a right to display their flag in anyway they want and should be free from being told not to fly it. If you care not to enjoy the flag, turn around and move away. Your offended level matters nil.
And lastly I deal with the "Pursuit of Happiness" - a fundamental right that we should be able to choose how our lives are to be exercised - that we be free to choose to be a bum or a success - or maybe to be a successful bum - but we are not guaranteed the outcome of success or happiness. At no time is there a right to a level playing field; try as we might, rich women still have vajayjays and like a cock to slide in it - and as a result the rich continue to pop out babies. I have never understood why the poor feel the rich are out to get them - that the rich keep the poor down - it is as if the rich go from poor home to poor home and steal what you can't afford and then put a spell on you to keep you perpetually poor. I admire the rich because they have neat things - yachts - new cars - fancy homes, but I am free to pursue a life that emulates the best of the rich and I don't seek to punish the rich because they have more stuff than I do. Even the poorest of the poor have mobility by virtue of their legs - they have a brain (whether they choose to use it is not of my concern) - they have the gift of the breath of life but no guarantee of its longevity - and as such are not bound by servitude that denies them to improve themselves.
I've been unemployed not by choice - I can appreciate the angst that that places upon oneself - but I did not choose to become a victim - I slowly pulled my ass off the ground - using what brain power I was given to resolve my situation - taking contract work where I could for what seemed meager pay - and then to turn that contract work into part time employment and then into full time salaried work with benefits. This did take time, but I improved myself because I put down seeing myself as a victim and acted upon my faith to take whatever work came my way and made myself valuable to my employer by showing them I could do more and more than they even knew I could do. I expect nothing less from my fellow Americans and resent that anyone could think they can't succeed in this country and that race or gender makes someone more special than me.
In short, there are truths that are self evident. The fact that you don't take the responsibility to exercise your rights does not give you the right to be more special than me. I resent the protected because they have traded in their liberty for the protection of a new kind of plantation and enslavement. But it is not people like me who put you on that plantation. You did.
No comments:
Post a Comment