I am a Libertarian.
I firmly believe you should be able to fuck up your own life as you see fit so long as you don't impact my life while you piss yours away.
However, I firmly believe that you should pay for your drug use.
I firmly believe you should not be employed at all if you use any kind of drugs that render you under the influence. And that includes alcohol.
So I am proposing that all companies be required to have "under the influence" policies that require employers to terminate any and all employees who test positive for drugs in their system that cannot be supported by a prescription. And this includes all professional sports athletes - no longer do you get repeated attempts to rehabilitate yourself. One and done. And this includes Hollywood actors and actresses and members of the news media.
Upon termination, the government will pay for ONE and exactly ONE drug rehabilitation scenario and that upon completion, your drug use record is frozen and cannot be accessed by anyone without a court order; future employers may ask if you have a drug related termination; if you lie and they find out, you will be fired immediately; if you are honest, the employer may not take any action against you to prevent you from being hired - you will be required to take random drug tests (not to exceed two per month) at your own expense should you be hired. If you fail any of those tests without prescription verification, you shall be fired and made unemployable for life. You can start your own business but you must disclose you are a two-time drug offender; also a two termination situation will require the employer to turn you into the police for further investigation that could trigger imprisonment should you be convicted of violating any laws.
Also, two time termination offenders shall never be eligible for any welfare programs.

No comments:
Post a Comment