Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Friday, June 4, 2021


To hear any modern discussion of "racism" we are led to believe that the poor black person in America is wholly incapable of wiping their own ass without a white person - a white man - preventing him/her/it from successfully making themselves clean on their own.

When I listen to this irrational notion that there is "systemic racism", I wonder how it is that tens of thousands of dead white men even bothered to fight in the cause of ending slavery and preserving this union?

What if those souls who perished in the 1860's were to watch today's America as if it were a reality show.  How would these dead white men feel about them wasting their lives as our new reality has so defiled their sacrifice?

And before you get all hot and bothered, I realize that women and blacks died in the Civil War as well.   As our modern narrative will have us to believe, Uncle Tom's and Tomasina's simply were fooled and misled by white men.    It is thus the deaths of black folk in the 1860's war between the states has little concern to me.   It matters not to modern black people.   So we are even.

I really feel for the modern black person.   Your history is shaped by the fact that your ancestors were sold into slavery and you were property of white people.   It must pain you that you were often sold by other black people to those wealthy white people.   The cross you must bear with the shame of your complicity.

Modern discussions of slavery make us believe that only black people have been slaves but Rome was festering with non-black slaves and no one fought and gave up their lives for those people.   In the time since, race has often not mattered jack on the buying and selling of human beings.   In the modern world, the religion of peace, the one of Allahfukbar, slavery is still practiced and often blacks are not the objects of the property discussion.   But if you own a vagina, you are prime to be subject to slavery.   And in this modern world, even children are procured for slavery - for the sexual appetite of the modern world.   Of course these slaves really don't matter so much if they aren't black.

You see, black makes your pain just a bit more precious than the pain felt by others.   Sharing experiences is not something we can appreciate; but if your skin is dark enough, you just make a more special victim.

In my personal experience as a white male, I can recall the times when athletics were a foreign concept to me.   While blacks were always first chosen because of their ability to wear jockstraps and athletic wear better than I could, those black players were viewed a higher level of appreciation than this skinny white boy whose father didn't teach him how to hit a baseball or how to catch a football.    I was instantly dismissed even in new schools because I wasn't just jock enough - black enough - to be considered an athlete.   Fast forward a decade or so when I played touch/flag football, I discovered that I had a talent to catch a football and the insane ability to get to the quarterback quicker than other defenders.   But because I was a skinny white boy, I was denied by systemic racism against white males in athletics.

Supposedly, the black male is a victim of racism so profound that he cannot overcome his own dark skin.   While we gaze at the rosters of the highest paid athletes in America, it is hard to ignore that one color on the color wheel seems to produce a bumper crop of highly paid young men.   I often wonder how it was that I was denied that route in life where I could aspire to be an athlete instead of having to settle for getting good grades and getting a job that appreciated my intelligence over my ability to fill out a jockstrap.   Thankfully I used my brain to get through life though I could have (and should have) whined that being white kept me back in athletic earnings.

And so we have it here - a one way street down racism lane where the darker you are the more virtue your personal failures have because you could not have possibly failed because of poor personal choices; you have to find a white sheet under your bed.  

We get it.

I wonder if the ghosts of the dead from the Civil War equally appreciate your modern problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment