Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Gay Music Month

 

[Verse 1]
Fell into a rhythm of believing
That nothing was ever gonna change
Got so caught up on a feeling that you threw away
Should have known that it was fragile
But when you're young, you rarely do
Think I spent too much of my time into missing you

[Pre-Chorus]
And now that I'm older and I look at what I've done
I know I was stupid, I know I was dumb
But you're leaving me feeling like I wasted my youth on you

[Chorus]
Say, say I wasn't just a waste
Say you needed me to cry on
Oh, but you never felt the same
All I wanted was to be someone that you didn't hide from
Pick me up when you needed comfort
Say, say you wanted me to stay

[Verse 2]
You tell all your friends that you hatе me
Just so you can push me aside
Know how it feels not to fit in?
Oh, so do I
You might also like

[Pre-Chorus]
And now that I'm oldеr and I look at what I've done
I know I was stupid, I know I was dumb
But you're leaving me feeling like I wasted my youth on you

[Chorus]
Say, say I wasn't just a waste
Say you needed me to cry on
Oh, but you never felt the same
All I wanted was to be someone that you didn't hide from
Pick me up when you needed comfort
Say, say you wanted me to stay

[Post-Chorus]
Say, say you wanted me to stay

[Pre-Chorus]
And now that I'm older and I look at what I've done
I know I was stupid, I know I was dumb
But you're leaving me feeling like I wasted my youth on you

[Chorus]
Say, say I wasn't just a waste
Say you needed me to cry on
Oh, but you never felt the same
All I wanted was to be someone that you didn't hide from
Pick me up when you needed comfort
Say, say you wanted me to stay

Fred Roberts releases rock pop single "Say"

By Zoya Raza-Sheikh (From Gay Times)

1st September 2023
Credit: Sophie Williams

British singer-songwriter Fred Roberts is back with a brand new new pop tune and we’ve got plenty to say about it.

Working alongside Andrew Wells (Phoebe Bridgers, Halsey), Roberts’ new sophomore single details the artist’s first reckoning with young queer love, the world in which he found it and the impact a loss of representation can have on so many LGBTQIA+ people in the world today.

Speaking on the new track, Say, Roberts shares: “When I was younger, all I wanted was to mean something to someone. When I finally had that experience, it was taken away from me, yet I still craved that validation. Say is about the internal battle between chasing a reckless desire and choosing what you know is healthy.

“The preconceptions I had of the relationships I yearned for as a teenager were that of pain and torment. I never saw a happy queer couple represented in the media, therefore I never truly believed that I was worthy of a happy relationship.”

The artist adds: “So, when I first felt desired by a boy, I clung onto that feeling, as I feared if I were to let go, it would never happen again. Say comes from a place of retrospection; realising I spent too long heartbroken over a boy who destroyed my self-worth. But when you lose something, you think you’ll never have again, how do you let that go?”

READ MORE: Fred Roberts is a Gen Z popstar in the making

Alongside the new release, Roberts has released a music video that captures his coming-of-age experience with love and feelings for another person.

And if you can’t get enough of Roberts’ music, well, you’re in luck – the 20-year-old singer is kicking off his debut London live show on 14 September. You can buy tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment