| Unlike
President Constipation, I have actually worked in real jobs and
had to exert actual energy and had to put in long days in hot
kitchens and have actual experience in this subject.
You see - instead
of getting a handout from the government, I worked my way
through college working at Wendy's. So I know
exactly what happens and the bullshit you put up with.
And I know full
well that it is possible to rise above that french fry station
to become a General Manager making $40k plus benefits and
bonuses - and that was up through 1997 after nearly 20 years in
the business.
I am going to put
these strikers in their place because these are not real workers
- these are people being paid to hold signs and to show websites
that are funded by leftist, socialist, progressive websites that
are funded by the trickle down evil doer, George Soros and his
ilk. You see, when there is the use of
"forward" that is the new code lingo used by
Progressives who want to infect the country with protection of
the lazy and to punish those who really do work hard.
First, no fast
food worker is worth $15 per hour. Most that are in
that job are truly not even worth minimum wage as it is
now. I'm being honest. These workers
come ill-prepared to work - they have no work ethic - they are
lazy - they could not care less about
customers. If paying employees higher wages
would have resulted in better customer service, we should see an
improvement since minimum wage was already increased not to far
ago.
Minimum wage IS
NOT meant to support anyone. It is an entry level
wage and there are pay raises in every fast food company at
least every six months (or I would reward employees sooner if
they were cross-trained where they were more useful than entry
level).
Furthermore, it
is RARE that any fast food worker is actually paid minimum wage
despite the spin. I only paid minimum wage to the
first job folks and those were likely in high school - that is
what the wage was for. Workers with documented
work experience and achievement and skills are almost always
paid higher than minimum wage. Why?
Because hard workers are hard to find and someone who really
does work will command a higher wage even in a tight
economy. I'd rather pay one great worker more than
hire just anyone at minimum wage - less work for me to
"coach them up".
I do have to
inform the bogus strikers (hired political hacks who are part of
the Democrat/Progressive Socialist rent-a-mob-army), that anyone
who cannot advance in fast food deserves to be stuck at minimum
wage.
Honestly, if you
are so friggin worthless and lazy and show up for work late and
you don't smile and treat customers like they are Republicans at
an Obama meeting, then you deserve minimum wage.
|
Businesses want
workers who bust their asses and those who are well-managed always
seek to harvest the cream of the worker crop to get them into
management. I always wanted the best workers who
showed they gave a damn and gave them opportunities to showcase
that they could get others to work better or harder - a dry run
test to see if they can lead and manage others. If I
saw that things ran better with X employee and that suddenly I
wasn't having to manage down as much as I used to, this showed me
that a worker was ready to go into management - shift management
first - and if they excelled then into assistant manager and then
if they were true self-starters, they would take their career from
there.
Taking your best
workers and promoting them (when they are able) helps to build
depth of commitment to standards and builds "hope" that
others can be promoted if they work hard.
I can assure you
that when my district manager gave me a new assistant, I wanted
someone who worked just as hard as I would and that would share my
same commitment to absolute treatment of customers as
GOLD. Bringing up workers who share this standard
increases sales and also allows me to increase
wages. But workers who don't share that same
vision get the wages they earn and often self deport themselves
out of my establishment before I can remove them through
progressive discipline.
I can also tell you
that if you are worth keeping as an employee, employers will
pay you more to keep you - it is far easier to keep you and to
retain you than to hire the asshole off the street which can't
live five minutes without checking her cellphone - or that
princess who comes in with nails six inches long and looks at you
like you are satan for telling her, "if you want to work in
this job, those nails have to go" - the employer is always
the meanie here even if the health department, a government
agency, sets those health rules and no customer wants a six inch
nail in the middle of their sammich.
Having had enough
of today's fast food prima donna pieces of shit that think they
are under paid and who are lazy and don't smile and have no
comprehension of how to treat guests, I have given up even buying
fast food since January. I am sick of products being
served luke warm when they should be served hot - I am sick of
lazy and uncaring employees. I am tired of employees
who have friggin smart phones and fancy gold jewelry and whine
because they can't make ends meet. I am tired of
workers in fast food which don't even follow Martin Luther King's
statement of being the best damn street sweeper you can be.
And no, striking
miscreant ass wipes, you don't deserve more money and don't
deserve to be CEO or manager the moment you walk in the
door. You need to be unemployed and deserve to
experience empty stomachs on successive nights so you can
appreciate what you have in your job and to focking man up and to
excel instead of half-stepping and sulking. You
are paid what you are worth, and that is indeed a high wage being
paid to a pile of dog crap.
|
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell, it is obvious you aren't much better at motivations than the fry station attendant. Considering that I've turned around several restaurants that weren't making money and consistently had sales growth each year in others above the industry norm, I would suggest you stick to salting fries and leave the thinking to someone who has more than one brain cell. I can just picture your knuckle-dragging friends laughing because none of you have a friggin clue about real life and what it takes to run a business. I've fired workers with more capability than you indicate and that isn't saying much.
ReplyDeleteBTW - I noticed you didn't bother refuting a single point - I wonder why - I actually have a basis in reality and you have a basis in typical leftist pig idiocy.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteLike a typical leftist pig - resort to using racism when confronted with the true idiocy of your position.
ReplyDeleteAs to my background (which you have obviously not bothered to read on this blog) - I have a double major in political science and mass comm - I worked my way through college - ended up fully vested in a retirement program with Wendy's - decided to explore this industry further and ended up as a General Manager of a training store earning over $40k in 1990's dollars. Unfortunately I was having chest pains during my last year and decided at age 35 to do something else as the direction of Wendy's changed after Dave Thomas was moved out of the way (and ultimately died). So I worked for several non-profits only to find out that I really enjoyed designing websites and have struck it out on my own. A friend of mine was opening a gourmet chocolate and coffee store (they were a web client of mine) and asked me to manage the new venture - after the first two years where the "managing partner" ran the business into the ground and fled along with her obligations to the business, my friend opened the books and asked me to find a way to make this work - things were turned around until the crash in 2008 but we managed and weren't making money but weren't losing it either - then Obama's policies really hurt business with the death blow being a cluster of new businesses in a district just 5 miles away that instantaneously dried up total traffic to the area by over 40% with almost all of the "original" businesses that opened when we did finally gone and no longer operational. In June of 2010, I lost my job and used my savings to jump start my web business which I had done on the side and now able to support myself and not once did anyone from Obama and the leftist ilk make my job easier nor did they do anything for me. I made this and thanks to my commitment to excellence, I even have all the clients I lost in 2008-2009 from the early recession plus the business has grown.
As to being feared in a leftist rag, I wouldn't be too proud - obviously they have an agenda - and while it is nice that you offer the benefits you do, that isn't particularly remarkable since that was the norm in order to hire folks even five years ago. Good luck with your business and being able to afford to keep doing what you are doing since this administration only helps their friends and uses businesses to mask over their problems of incompetence and sheer stupidity.
I thoroughly enjoy your racist conclusions as this proves my point that the ones who are truly racist are the leftist pigs who have nothing more to say than that. Knuckle dragging is a reference to your neanderthal line of thinking, but I know you can't think past race and the only thing progressive about your politics is the rapidity you will take us to hell.
You have much to learn - one of my best friends is a leftist and we dialogue at the highest level - one of my chief foes is also a progressive lawyer who has the most stimulating ability to discuss issues and to actually offer a case.
I hope your friends continue to get a laugh out of this blog and perhaps you'll all remember that using racism shows the shallowness of your argument and that you can't think past color. Content of character is what matters most, but playing the victim is so 1950. It is time to knock the chip off your shoulder and to get on without having to resort to flinging racism around like dung.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete