|
The
Liar in Chief Really Steps in it This Time
As
I called it earlier, the President's shifting the approval to
attack Syria to Congress meshes with his intent to pin the
entire failure of the policy on Congress to cover his big fat
mouth running at full speed.
"First of
all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world
set a red line. The world set a red line when governments
representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use
of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty
forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war.
Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress
set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation
entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the
horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be
answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my
calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the
use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of
humanity says is wrong, that wasn't something I just kind of
made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. There's a reason for
it."
And here's video
of Obama setting a "red line" in regard to Syria, from
over a year ago:
And
here's a background
call in April 2013
with “a White House official” that left no doubt about what
President Obama's own officials thought about where the red line
came from. Read
more at The
Weekly Standard
|
No comments:
Post a Comment