Race relations were supposed to improve by the election of King Pimple of a Man. This assumed he gave a damn. Apparently he is intent on using race as a way to divide this nation.
I love black peen. I love black nutsacs and well built black men. But then again, I love men of all kinds so I find nothing to whine about when it comes to race.
But there is a significant amount of black people who do nothing but whine about how they are subjected to racism - even if none existed - you see, right now it is in vogue to be black and to assume you were subjected to racism when you fail.
The latest flare-up of racism claims is when black actors and assorted film folk were nearly shut out of the upcoming Oscar awards for the past two years. And since this fact can "only" be explained by racism, there are wives, dogs, and house plants of black non-nominees who are boycotting the leftist institution that is the Oscars.
It is true that the Oscar awards picking folk are out of touch - this has been true for several decades when their choices of films and winners cannot be explained by real talent, real performance, or real quality. And when these old folks were giving awards to black people, this was acceptable and just and fair. But now that the old folks picking winners and losers are "snubbing" black people, we suddenly have racism. It has to be. We all know that being black provides you cover from personal failure when your efforts were subpar in today's America. You cannot possibly be responsible for personal failure if you are black. Your failure is do to external forces and of course that means white folk are at fault.
If we are to look at how we excuse prejudice and applaud it when it suits a political narrative, we are never concerned that some sports reward and coddle black athletes and are over saturated with black participants. We never hear that there are too many black NBA players or too many black NFL players - a fact that is so skewed that if whites were represented at this proportion that the black race-baiting machine in America would be whining and protesting and burning down their cities to show their outrage. And while the black racists are perfectly content to over stock professional sports franchises with black athletes, these same racist bastards whine when there aren't enough black faces as coaches in these sports! This is what I'm talking about when race matters only when it is deemed to matter.
With the Oscars, we are told to assume that snubs are race-based and that this is proof of racism. I'm unclear why Oprah and other well off black folks don't just create their own studios and create films that pander to black audiences. It is not the fault of white folk that they are not interested in movies about rap gangstas or about how blacks are exploited or made to be victims. Each race will necessarily find common ground with their own kind and will find comfort with those of other races who aren't threatening or who have commonalities with their kind. This isn't racism. This is reality. I don't seek out Asians but I do have individuals who are asian whom I associate. I'm not Jewish and don't go out of my way to find a token Jew to claim for my own, but I do have Jewish friends because we have things in common.
It is not the fault, therefore, of Joe Blow average white man who doesn't patronize black-themed movies or television shows and doesn't vote with his wallet. As a gay man, I don't watch or view anything about lesbians or which claims to represent feminism. I don't believe in either and won't bother to patronize such films or shows. It isn't that I want all lesbians to be melted down for whale oil for lamps. I just don't find lesbians to be interesting. There are a few whom I associate, but this is because we share common ground on a few things like admiring pickup trucks and liking the smell of diesel fumes.
There are some damned fine black actors and it is not the fault of an awards institution to find the best work for them or to do anything other than to judge the works presented. Perhaps if black actors actually did something that was amazing to society at large that more of us would go to bat for them. I am, however, less likely to support or patronize a restaurant that sells soul food than one that sells Italian. My choice. My tastes. My preferences. I don't choose NOT to patronize a restaurant because it is black owned. My contempt for RG3 in Washington in the NFL has nothing to do with his blackness. I loved Doug Williams who won a Super Bowl for Washington. I just have standards and won't support natural borne losers no matter how many draft choices his ass cost my team.
The real problem with race in America is that the claims of racism have been so over-used and exploited that many of us are simply sick of even trying to go beyond - regardless of what we do as white people, many blacks are now feeling their oats and think every failure of theirs is my fault and the faults of pink skins like me.
Perhaps if those indignant blacks would just do what most Americans of all colors and persuasions do and work hard, the race-based excuses for failure would no longer hold or carry water. But there is something to a self-fulfilling prophecy of seeing a white sheet behind every door or in every closet and then believing someone is out to get you.
Truth be told a black person is more likely to be killed or injured by his own kind than by any one else.
But then again, reality is not what matters. True is not important. It is now all about satisfying the perpetual sense of victimhood that many blacks seem to think they own and are the only victims ever born.
The solution to all of this is for everyone to be the best version of themselves and to take responsibility for failures and to use those failures as steps up the ladder to self improvement. Short of that and those who whine the loudest deserve the eternal shit storm they perceive.
|
|
Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment