Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Up to the last three months, I've always viewed YouTube via a PC.    I never bothered on a phone because of the pathetic size of phone screens.   I have a tablet but didn't bother because I use my tablet to have a portable something and I never watch videos on it ever.

But I have changed because of life circumstance.

I am one cheap mother fucker.    I rarely buy anything new, and I never buy cutting edge anything.   I had my time in the 1980's and 1990's when I was young and hip (even if unremarkable in looks).   But now, I fix broken things to upgrade the antiques that I have.

And such is the case with my television.

I had a 25 inch hdtv that I did buy new (but only when it was on the lowest price I'd ever seen for this size ever) and I was watching Netflix and Hulu and Slingtv through that for the last several years.

I did acquire a Chrome thing and it was awful - simply awful -and the second version was even worse.

Then I got an Amazon Firestick.

And all things were changed after I had acquired for free a 42 inch television that had been struck by lightning and was no longer operable.    After surveying the cost of parts, I replaced both the power board and video boards (brand new parts, not used) and for $75 total, I have a wonderful 42 inch hd television that gladly accepted the firestick and suddenly I was living high on the hog.

I started adding my hulu and netflix and slingtv to the apps for my firestick and then added youtube.    Now I must say I much prefer the computer/web browser version of youtube, but I've become accustomed to the limited usability of the basic firestick "program" that goes on the firestick.  

What has now happened is I watch three times as much youtube as I used to - I see so much great individual work and other programming that I just cannot get enough content.    I am not able to sign up for YouTube tv because of something about local programming, but Slingtv is fantastic and costs so little even with some additional items that I likely now won't switch.   But the free youtube is fantastic.

I strongly suggest you start watching youtube on your big screen tv and surf it to find the wonderful content there.  

I do forecast that YouTube will likely replace netflix - I watch so much less of Netflix that I'm thinking of cancelling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment