![]() |
| "Effie! Brace Yourself!" |
Love em!
I hope that you have not suffered permanent afflictions from shock - I hope there were no heart attacks or convulsions that pushed you into the path of a moving motor vehicle.
I do have a surprising appreciation for what Apple brought here - even if their watch is fucking stupid and worthless.
Below you will find the video of the announcements so you can become informed on the reality of what transpired. I have seen some really ignorant posts to the negative of Apple and they are based on Apple hate and nothing more. My contempt for Apple is based on their prior use of planned obsolescence and introducing as new what they withheld the year before. And let us not forget the stupidity of their macbook pro development without touch screen or that trashcan mac that ruined a line of premium and superb cheese grater beauties that were class acts even if they were class stratospheric expensive.
Please note that I still loathe Tim Cook and wish he were dead and Steve Jobs could come back in his place. I have nothing but respect for Steve Jobs who truly was an innovator and I respect his stubbornness even if it was sometimes boneheaded. We can debate the merits of individual decisions, but Steve Jobs ruled - and I am no Applehead suckup!
Why I love the new iPhones 8 and X
Finally, there were serious changes - superb camera still and video improvements and real advances on processors and upgraded storage from pathetic bare minimum to industry bare minimally acceptable. There is a difference - Apple was intentionally making their phones with low memory to force buyers up the ladder to spring for more at a high cost; it appears that Apple is abandoning the foolish approach to screwing customers. I'm hopeful that Apple isn't just trying to pad its shocking profit margin on these phones.
While I am lost why the iPhone 8 looks like an antique with very little screen and retention of a button on the bottom (when it had no problem throwing away a user desired audio jack), I get it - in order to make the Apple X look "modern" it had to retain the near crank phone look of the iPhone 8. No innovation here even if the screen is better in overall specifications. I still have doubts about waterproofing versus water resistant and the so called molecular water resistance that is now offered.
What I do love and really love, is the picture and video taking capabilities of these units. If you are in an Apple environment (and I'm not), I'd be wetting myself to get an 8 plus just so that I could have an industry best picture and video taking capabilities. Imagine capturing slow motion cumshots from some hottie who is wacking before you (1080p at 240 fps).
I have generally dismissed iPhones as gimmicks - it seems we never get improved actual phone abilities from something that is supposed to be a phone first, but this new generation truly seems to abandon the pathetic roll out of tepid updates to Apple users who are generally more seagull than intelligent.
If I were to have anything negative to say about the iPhone X is (1) why isn't it the iPhone 9 and where is it? and (2) why did it take you so long to do what Samsung has been doing for years with full width and height screens. It is odd that Steve Jobs would lambast the old smart phones on the market for tiny screens when he barely achieved better with his antique approach of a home button. Steve was a genius - but he wasn't perfect!
Regardless of the queer naming of the iPhone X (I thought it was "X", not ten), it appears that the new standard look of iPhones from now on will be like this with the low rent versions adopting this look a year or so from now. But the X is smooth looking and beautiful.
I love the facial recognition security even if this failed during a demonstration at the rollout. And despite the over lies of true Apple haters, this will not be fooled by a flat picture. Had any of these assholes had watched the videos out there on this and read about how it reads your face, you would not have it fooled by a picture.
What I Don't Like About Apple
I generally hate the iPad lineup of products - I've used at work one of the recent ones and it is glacial at booting up. When using the square card reader, an old ipod is faster at boot than one of the newest ipads. What gives here?
Why isn't an iPad also a phone? Seriously, if I'm going to carry one product, I'm going to carry the one that gives me the greatest usability - and I'm sorry, no phone made has a screen big enough to see easily - while 6 plus inches in peen is acceptable, it is not for usability in programs (I never use app because that is propaganda forwarded by App-le). It would seem to me that if you had a special bluetooth ear piece, you could voice command to your iPad which would make calls for you - and your iPad would be tucked away in your bag without you having to use your hands. I don't see the point in having a small computer that is hard to read while also having an iPad - and I know you can talk to your tablet if you have a phone, but that is backwards - you should have a tablet that does what your phone can do and you don't need two items to do serious work. And if you are shopping, it is easier to read an iPad to do comparisons than a midget penis phone.
I loathe the new macbook pros - they are disasters - they are pointlessly thin - you have to add things back to do what Macs used to do five years ago - so all the weight you saved with the new Mac is lost by adding back for all your adapters. And that stupid touchbar is retarded (yes, it is retarded). What Apple chose to do is to do touch screens on the cheap so that they can continue to sell tablets to get touch and phones to make calls. It would seem that Apple could make a tablet like the Windows Surface that can easily be a laptop and which also could be your phone when you need it.
Obviously my idea removes two worthless products from the mix and would make people buy less items from Apple (and cost the company profit), but if the efforts were made to make the iPad something you can actually do work on, having it as your phone, and with an easy and sturdy keyboard that would add battery capability (or to charge the iPad when connected), you'd have an amazing product that makes everyone else seem neanderthal - "you just have a phone? - look what my Apple can do!"
Overall, however, Apple hit two home runs with these new iPhones. Gone are the tepid upgrades and now these are some serious products for those who live in the world of Apple.
Institutional Arrogance Growing
Apple is a far leftist company that is pretentious and arrogant in pushing what it thinks "our vision" should be with "their vision". Their foolish renaming of their stores and the arrogance of their outrageously huge new headquarters blowing their own horn about renewal energy sources while their materials were never held to that same standard and certainly none of the materials were transported using "renewal energy" sources.
I loathe the arrogance of the company as holier than thou and loathe their outrageous profit margin model while they claim that the cost of their products is indicative of superior engineering and hardware. The fact remains that the cost of these products to the consumer is inflated far greater than any other manufacturer of hardware and Apple is arrogant in making you pay through the nose for their shit because "you should and we are better than anyone else". Well, that is all bullshit. Samsung routinely builds far better phones than Apple and doesn't charge as much.


No comments:
Post a Comment