This is not my first rodeo with Walmart using the "order and pay online and pickup at the store" feature.
Apparently Walmart hasn't mastered the concept of notifying the customer that the order is ready to pickup. Best Buy has mastered this level of customer service and has demonstrated a profound ability to execute customer service even during long lines at Christmas time and pulling online orders and bringing them to the customers in line using a hand held device to expedite the customer experience.
Walmart has not mastered the ability to email the customer your order is ready to pickup. Even Advance Auto Parts has this nailed down and pulled an order within the promised time indicated on the first email confirmation of your order.
Walmart hasn't mastered that nor have they mastered "your fucking order is ready to pickup".
I say this with all due contempt for Walmart because I have chosen them as a place to shop instead of that hideous red colored expensive department store that has sometimes been given a french accent name. I am stupid. I will actually walk into a Walmart and select my purchases and then use self-checkout.
When I have time.
I was on my lunch break when I had a great idea for Christmas presents for co-workers that wouldn't cost much - I noticed that there was a great little gift that would work well and that there were enough in stock to order and to pay for and to pickup after work. This would have given Walmart seven hours to pull the order together and to have it ready for pickup.
Cue the "Final Jeopardy Theme Music".
Unfortunately I was experiencing the coming dark cloud of a week long flu episode and I had forgotten my act of goodwill toward men by buying co-worker Christmas presents at Walmart and online. Oddly in the seven days of sickness my true love didn't give to me a partridge in a pear tree nor did he send to me a "your fucking order is ready to pickup and when the fuck are you going to get here?" Not a peep from Walmart.
That is until they emailed me that my order was returned to stock because I did not pick it up.
Oh, the nerve. And that bothered me. On the same day my credit card was hit for the charge of the purchase. On the day they restocked my order without telling me to pick it up. Five days later I received a refund. On the very day Miss UV let Walmart know that she was pissed with the pathetic state of Walmart e-commerce. And I've had this happen several other times over the past year but I figured it was a poor store so I ordered at this new store. Same result. Same insanity. Same lost sale.
Walmart has not responded to my email in the past seven days so I can only assume they don't give a flying fuck about my situation so I'll make sure that Christmas 2020 is Walmart free. Oddly enough I was able to recover time and ordered through Amazon and received the order in two days and my coworkers were still able to get their presents on the last day before we closed for the Christmas holiday. But Amazon is a mean company that cares about actually shipping orders and informing their customers about order progress. Oh, perish the thought. Poor overworked Amazon workers!

No comments:
Post a Comment