Blogazine Subject Areas Pull Down Menu


 
 

These playlists are  constantly updated and videos may be reordered as I see a better placement

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Once upon a time, fast food jobs were for children - or teenagers.   These were first time jobs and never meant to raise a brood of eight or to provide a job that paid $30k per year.

Careers produced jobs that paid at that level and more.

But then the social justice assholes who fabricated the notion that "minimum wage" should be a "living wage" stepped in and whored out the minimum wage worker into someone getting overpaid for the level of service and quality control that they offer.

Because of the escalating labor rates, I have eschewed buying fast food because the effect has been to create outrageous prices for a product that has become increasingly inconsistent.    I'm sorry, but no "combo" is worth $8 or more just so that the people who will lower themselves to work at the average fast food job can afford an iphone, to reproduce without responsibility, and can drive a $500 car with $2500 rims and wheels.

It has been quite some time since I frequented a fast food outlet because of my contempt for overpaying for unskilled workers who don't give a flying fuck about the product they serve and certainly find the customer to be an inconvenience and interruption to getting humped by a new potential baby daddy.

For some reason on Christmas eve day, at lunch time, I wanted some Wendy's.    I specifically was not going to overpay so I ordered one of their "four for four" specials that included a Double Stack, a Four Piece Chicken Nugget, a small fry, and a small soft drink.    I drink soft drinks even less often than I buy fast food, but I wanted to "treat myself" for Christmas Eve and I figured that going during lunch would provide me with the best chance of having hot food hot and cold food cold.

Well, I got the cold and hot food cold.

I loathe drive thru windows because of the clowns who place 5 orders at the window because they are too lazy to pull their fat asses out of their car and to actually burn calories going inside where they can inconvenience fewer people than go through the drive thru these days.    And because the line at the drive thru on this day was lengthy (go figure), I got out of my car and ordered without a delay with a rather rotund black woman who at least wasn't on a cell phone and who was somewhat responsive to my request.

The order was not fulfilled in a timely order since I was a mere peeon who got out of his car and the drive thru these days is prioritized at front counter customer experience.    I had time to pull together my needed napkins and salt packet and several straws (my cat loves straws).    I was not given my drink cup at the time of the order so I couldn't fill that to eat up my waiting time.   I was apparently waiting on my double stack since my fries and nuggets were already harvested from the abundant sitting inventory.

I should have known better than to assume that lunch time meant hot food time.

The cashier was pleasant enough (more so than usual fare at these joints) and I went to my car foolishly not checking to see if my sandwich was hot nor to steal some fries from the bag.

My bad.

Five minutes is the most time that it takes to walk out of door at this Wendy's and then to travel from there to my house and to walk into the front door and then to dispense the items from the bag.

Yet somehow in that five minutes Wendy's had provided me with a burger that was warm at best and fries that were not and they were soggy and chicken nuggets that were formerly warm at some point several Saturdays ago.

I was irritated to the point of "why bother" as to packing this shit up and taking it back - I was hungry - and I debated whether I might get sick from food poisoning if I consumed this shit.   Alas, my hunger won out and I consumed the shit given to me by the overpaid and blind and uncaring fast food worker who conspired with the rest of the overpaid staff to shovel out shit to everyone on  Christmas eve.  You see, they had to work on Christmas eve to serve us and that was somehow an obligation that they weren't prepared to perform at top notch level.   And where the fuck was the manager?   I don't know.   Maybe he/she/it was having lunch in the back office having prepared it fresh for themselves.

And so we have it - another shining example of how Wendy's is complete garbage and that fast food in general is so pathetic at the inflated rates that are charged to pay these mofo's a living wage.

No comments:

Post a Comment